Gender Dividend: the profitability of Investing in Women
Wed, Mar/02/2011, 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Won Buddhism UN Office and eight co-sponsoring organizations will host the Gender Dividend Workshop on Wednesday morning, March 2nd, 2011. A parallel event to the 55th Commission on the Status of Women (CSW), this workshop will begin with the screening of a 10-minutes documentary at 10:00 am.
The panel will focus on the Gender Dividend: the profitability of Investing in Women, a declaration approved during the G20 Women Leaders Summit, in Seoul, South Korea.
Adopted by a group of women leaders, change-makers and activists from various countries and walks of life this document calls for:
- Financial support for UN Women;
- Use of gender sensitive budgeting at the national level;
- Funding to enable women to participate in all spheres of influence and decision-making;
- Funding of programs and services to eliminate violence against women in all forms;
- Establishment of a high-level working group within the G20 to review, develop and report gender impact assessments of financial policies.
The organizers are working to promote this document and expand its constituency in order to make it a valuable tool for women’s emancipation in the 21st century.
We look forward to your participation and hope that you will spread the word.
For the Gender Dividend Declaration, please click HERE
For Endorsement of the Gender Dividend Declaration, please click HERE
Main Auditorium Room,
Salvation Army Building
221 East 52nd Street,
New York, NY 10022
East West Association of Sikh Women for World Peace
International Federation of Women in Legal Careers
Muslim Women’s Institute for Research and Development
Religions for Peace
Source of Synergy Foundation
Temple of Understanding
United Religions Initiative
Voices of Peace Choir